Monday, March 22, 2010

Gym Droop! ...

... This is the first time i've posted twice in one day but I want to remember how I feel at this moment - and that would be confused, mostly ..

I have just been to the gym for the first time in 5 weeks, and I think it counts as a bit of a bust, but then again, maybe not, hence my confusion! 

On the plus side I did double the amount of time on the cross-trainer - and at 4 levels higher - than I could do before, so that was a win, and while on it I noticed how much less my butt jiggles, so a good change there too and I can walk comfortably at a much faster pace on the treadmill so I have to see that as progress ..  

Heading up the minus column is the fact that I was struggling to do 10 reps on the weights, when I could do 12-15 with little drama a few weeks ago. and then after just 50 mins I had legs like jelly and had to call it a day :-(

I really don't know what to make of this, on one hand I have been ill, and I haven't been there in a while and have only been swimming once in the last 2 weeks, so that's bound to have had some knock on effect but on the other I have been seriously improving my fitness by all the swimming I have been doing so surely I should have had more stamina than this? , or have I been improving as much as I thought? after tonight I'm not sure of anything anymore ?!?! LOL

I guess to cap it all, I should consider this as a wake up call of sorts, a sign that I am right to want to start spending more time in the gym and less in the pool as I need to work more on my overall fitness and make a concerted effort to start a proper strength training programme. Building a bit of muscle will help my weight loss, and get me feeling stronger and more like I am getting somewhere, which after the bummed out way I felt coming out of the gym tonight I could really do with.

No comments:

Post a Comment