Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Paella = Piggery! Or does it?? ...

I have a  new challenge to face this week... in the form of heading out to eat at La Tasca on Thurday night (Girl's night out for my birthday :-) ). and there are 3 reasons why its going to be a toughie:

1/ Its the Paella Fiesta Night - meaning free samples of Paella being handed out, and boy its hard to turn down free food, seems so wrong somehow lol

2/ We have a voucher for 50% off the Tapas to Share menu, which as i'm sure everyone knows doesn't mean your night out costs you half as much, it means that the non weight challenged in the group will just order twice as much!

3/ £10 Pitchers of Sangria!! including a new extra fruity one that I havent tried yet   'enough said really  ......

Now, pre this round of weight watchers I would have said, hey its my birthday and I'll eat/drink enough to make me sick if I want to :-)   but, my 2st goal is wavering in sight like a low-cal mirage and I'm not about to blow weeks of work for one night out, not to mention, at my age hangovers are brutal 2 day affairs and just not worth it  :-( 

So, my plan is this, I have persuaded my dear friend Tracey to share a paella de carne with me, meaning only 8 points for my main food, less temptation from the free Paella, not being hungry when desert is mentioned and still being able to try a few bits of tapas (going to aim for around 7 points worth) along the way while leaving enough saved points and/or ap's to take care of the boozy stuff and end my night relatively unscathed ...

I am going out again on saturday for a family birthday lunch but its carvery style so easier to manage and won't need any extra points for that, just have to stick to a main course which is easy when I can pile on the veg :-) So far I have 8.5pts saved (all of which will most likely bite the dust on thurs!) and I plan to add another 12 at least by Sat so between those and some more of my ap's if I need them I can have a little tipple on Sat night and still sleep like an angel :-) 

Wish me luck, or send sick bags to angela@birthdayblowout.ugh!  ...

No comments:

Post a Comment