I know that a lot of you guys out there in blog land have the same issues as me when it comes to being able to see yourself in a positive light ... so here's a little Q&A to help ... this was emailed to me by a friend who has lost 130lbs in 19 months (GO Libby!!) and says that it really helped her focus on where she was at and the progress she had already made rather than the long way she still had to go (she answered these questions when she had lost about 55lbs).
So here are the questions and my answers...
I would really love to hear yours too???
The "I LOVE ME" List
1. What do you absolutely love about your body? I love the color of my eyes (Hazel but with more green than brown. I love having Red Hair and I also love my nose.
2. When did you surprise yourself with your physical strength? This happened today when I discovered that I can easily lift boxes in my garage that 3 month ago I would have had to drag and even that would have been a challenge. And, last weekend I swam 2.5km just 12 weeks after not even being able to manage 200m and the surprise was the fact that I barely stopped during that swim and did it all breast stroke, it showed me how far I have come in my fitness progress.
3. When were you braver than you ever thought you could be? When my husband and I took on first one, and then a 2nd abused child with all the problems that came with that and set ourselves a challenge that will last for the rest of our lives.. We always downplay this, but its true when people tell us that most people wouldnt do this and we should be so proud of ourselves!
4. When did your self-control blow you away? My last few times at the cinema .. for the old me cinema = loads of Ben & Jerry's ice-cream and nachos with cheese sauce (and sometimes a hot dog as well). The new me walks up the stairs (instead of the escalator) past all that and sits down with a bottle of water and some raisins or other low point snack :-)))
5. What is your proudest moment ever? The day last year when I found out my daughter had been offered a place at all 5 of the Universities she had applied to (Emma, you rock and are going to go a long way!)
6. Why do you deserve to meet your goals? Because I’m getting out there and doing it this time.. I am putting in the blood, sweat and tears (and i really mean all 3! LOL) every day and I will get there this time!
Now its your turn!